Intro Real-Time Multiplayer Game Dev [Slides]
- Nov 18, 2015
- By Lital Novosolov Natan
- In Client Side Development, Game Production, Programming, Server Side Developement
- 1 Comment
We’ve recently hosted a meet-up at our offices and presented a lecture about the development of real-time multiplayer games using Unity3d. To keep sharing the knowledge, we’ve linked the presentation and the GitHub project here so you can get a small taste of what it takes to develop a multiplayer game, with direct focus on the FPS client model and authoritative server model.
In the slideshow we explain a bit about:
- The progress of real-time multiplayer games over the years
- The authoritative server model
- A few common lag-compensation techniques and how they work
- The new UNet framework for developing multiplayer games
Lital Novosolov Natan
Unity client developer
Leave a Reply Cancel Reply
Subscribe to Blog via Email
I couldn’t resist commenting. Very well written!